National Park Week was first established in 1991 as part of the National Park Service 75th anniversary. This year National Park Week falls from April 19-27th. All 401 National Parks will have fee free days April 19th and 20th. During the week many parks will have special activities for both Earth Day, April 22, and special programs for Junior Rangers.
Most Americans are less than 100 miles from a National Park. Check your local National Park for activities and special programs during National Park Week, remember entrance fees are waived for the 19th and 20th of April.
Lassen Volcanic National Park is re-opening the Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center on April 1st. If you need lodging for your trip to Lassen Park please check availabilitly at St. Bernard Lodge. Take advantage of our Spring special: Book 3 nights and 25% off third night stay through end of April 2014.
If you are unable to visit a National Park during National Park week, you may want to watch the new movie “Bears” produced by Disneynature. Disneynature will make a contribution to the National Park Foundation if you watch “Bears” during opening week starting April 18th.
Some fun facts about our National Parks:
- 84 million acres of spectacular scenery, historic landmarks and cultural treasure
- 17,000 miles of trails
- 43,000 miles of shoreline
- 27,000 historic and prehistoric structures
- 100 million museum items
- Largest Natinal Park is 13.2 million acres, the smallest .02 acres
- Home to the largest trees in the world, the Sequoia Tree
- Most important you are probably less than a 2 hour drive to one of our 401 National P